Thursday, August 16, 2018

Findings with braided fishing line aka fireline

Had horrible time figuring out how to attach findings for braided line...
this is what i came up with... might help some one else

I used cheap braided line from ebay and as for findings clamshells from
amazon photos to follow. This is 50lb in a gray its .36mm


first do a double overhand knot
I like to use multiple strands of line for smaller beads I use 2 and for larger beads up to 4... Over kill I know..But its cheap and I don't like to redo my bracelets. This will be a bracelet with hematite and blue shell..




Pull knot tight and then add another one if you dont think your knot is
big enough to not pull through the clamshell


Cut the tails and burn the ends

 Thread on a clamshell and close
Thread on your beads I use a piece of copper wire to thread mine cheap and easy

Thread on the final clamshell then do another double over hand knot and
put a needle or somthing through the middle of the knot I use a large paperclip
bent straight 
 Tighten the knot around what ever object you used

pull the knot down till its in the clamshell tightn till your braclet is tight but not
over tight you want the beads to not be over snug they wont lay correctly
when wrapped around a wrist. 

you can then add another knot but that can be a pain... but i like a bigger knot
so I try and do it again use the clip etc similar to knotting pearls


Finished almost 
 Add jump rings and toggle clasp your good to go.


Easy fast and secure....

Any way better than any of the ways I could find on any of the beading forums
or websites.... If you have a good/better way leave a message in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment